Monday, April 6, 2009

'Where are you going to wear THAT'?

I was buying a fabulous pair of (very inexpensive) shoes over the weekend at Ross. They are black velvet, with a small platform - the kind that blends into the toe box with the fabric, perilously high stiletto heels, and a strap around the ankle - so not quite Mary Janes. I was also purchasing a lacy red camisole to go under a suit with which I plan to wear said shoes as well, and had the following realization:

based purely on the shoes and lingerie that I own, one might very well come to the conclusion that I were some kind of sex worker.

...Or just a lot hotter, more trampy, or more stylish than I am - even though I've been trying to wear the things that I have and like and not leave them sitting on hangers/shelves and wearing the same jeans and black sweater day in and out.

1 comment:

Essin' Em said...

I wonder what people would say about my collection...given that I *am* a sex worker.