Saturday, February 28, 2009

Vagina Weekend

My Vagina is tired. It is, it's exhausted and it's staying right here.

It feels good, but we've both been working very hard and been very busy lately.

Friday night was the first of three performances of 'The Vagina Monologues' by V-Day Boulder this year. I think I can safely say we rocked the house. Last night, we did it again. Afterwords much of the cast went to a bar for dancing and karaoke. That large a group of hot, happy, not taking shit vaginas in dingy bar freaked out a lot of the usual clientele. Go us. I received lap dances from several of the attractive ladies of V-Day Boulder, including Ms. Essin' Em. They were all right against the stage when I sang 'I think we're alone now,' and all over me when I came off the stage.

It was so fun and affirming, but also, it was really enjoyable to see the faces of the middle aged dudes playing pool in the back looking me and and almost being able to hear them thinking 'Huh?' 'What the hell does this girl have/know that we don't.' I try not to be a seperatist in my feminism and most definitely do not hate men. I do hate the partriarchy and I do love those moments when I feel as though I'm upsetting and/or subverting it albeit in a minor way.

Or maybe it just made me feel like a stud, and reminded me of college.

-More about vaginas soon

3 comments:

Emily said...

Darling Kinsey, granted, I did not know you when you were in college, but I think it's safe to say that you are a stud.

Kinsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kinsey said...

I went to Smith...